A good night’s sleep is important. But the 24/7 lifestyle lets people all over the globe get less and less shuteye. Experts recommend at least seven to eight hours of sleep in order to be fit for the day. Problems falling asleep? Not to worry, insomnia can often be treated by making small changes in life. We have 10 tips to help you sleep better.
- "Strike a pose" - Not like Madonna in her music video, but rather in the form of different stretches in combination with deep breaths. This is soothing and slows the heartbeat.
- Digital Detox: Remove TV, mobile phone and tablets from your bedroom and turn off all electronic devices at least 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Use fragrances like jasmine, and lavender and spray them on sheets and pillows.
- Darken the room, as darkness promotes a better sleep.
- Soft, nude colours are said to have a soothing effect. Perhaps the colour of your new wall paint?
- Slow and silent music also has a soothing soporific effect.
- Are you already planning the appointments for the next day? No wonder you can’t get any sleep! Do not let endless pondering and concerns get the better of you, but rather write down your important to-do's for the next day on a list. This structures the thoughts and ensures peace of mind.
- Stay cozy: For some, this means mountains with cuddly pillows and blankets, for others it’s soft pajamas.
- Routine: Always go to bed at the same time. The body gets used to rituals.
- Coffee, soft drinks or black and green teas as well as alcohol should only be consumed until 15 o'clock in the afternoon.